Texas Judge, Nora Longoria, Arrested For DUI, Begged Cops For 'Special Treatment"



Nora Longoria
Texas Judge

Justice for the 13th Court of Appeals
MUGSHOT

A Texas judge pleaded with police for leniency after admitting to DWI over the weekend.

CBS News reports that Nora Longoria, justice for the 13th Court of Appeals, was arrested early Saturday after police in McAllen, Texas, pulled her over for doing 69 in a 55 mph zone.

According to court documents obtained by the Valley Star, the judge, who later refused a breathalyzer, pleaded with officers for leniency.

“Please let me go home. I live a couple of miles away," Longoria said. "You are going to ruin my life. I worked hard for 25 years to be where I am today."

The 49-year-old judge said she had drunk five beers during dinner with friends and that the last beer had been consumed about three hours before she got behind the wheel of her Lexus, according to the newspaper.

Longoria initially refused to wear handcuffs but capitulated after an officer said that if she didn't, he'd charge her with resisting arrest.

She was charged with driving while intoxicated and was released after posting $2,000 bail.

Some residents of Hidalgo County, who were interviewed by KGBT, called for Longoria to step down. Others praised the police for not giving her special treatment.

“I’m pretty grateful for the police officer that kept his oath... and put her in handcuffs despite her position and political status,” resident Michael Echartea said. "If it was me getting a DWI and getting arrested, I’m sure they would throw the book at me, so I expect them to throw the book at her."

Wingspan Portfolio Advisors Blogspot
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/16/nora-longoria-texas-judge-ruin-life_n_5590938.html?cps=gravity