- Cynthia Ramsey is head of the math department at Camden County High School in North Carolina
- She told a student that one of things on her ‘bucket list’ was to kill all black people during a conversation in her classroom
- An investigation was launched by both school officials and the Camden County Sheriff’s Office
- Ramsey was placed on suspension with pay, but has now been reinstated
- Camden County’s sheriff has turned evidence over to the district attorney
- Ramsey could still face charges depending on the attorney’s opinion
Cynthia Ramsey, head of the math department at Camden County High School in North Carolina, allegedly said to a student that if she only had ten days left to live, her bucket list would include 'killing all black people'.
The conversation is alleged to have taken place in her classroom this week, and shortly afterwards she was suspended but then reinstated.
|School: Cynthia Ramsey is head of the math department at Camden County High School in North Carolina|
|Racist: Ramsey told a student that one of the things on her ‘bucket list’ would be to kill all black people'|
|Cynthia Ramsey, head of the math department at Camden County High School in North Carolina|
Ashcraft's daughter said Ramsey was in her classroom along with several other students who were eating lunch.
In the course of a conversation Ramsey began to talk about what she would do if she knew she was going to die.
‘I was completely shocked,’ she continued. ‘I asked her again, ‘Are you sure that was what you heard?’ I could not have imagined a teacher saying that.’