- African-Americans make up about 13 percent of the U.S. population, but they own just 3 percent of the assets.
- Black households earn about 59 percent of what white households earn, a small increase from 55 percent in 1967.
- The Black unemployment rate also has consistently been about double that of whites since the 1950s.
- Forty percent of children expelled from U.S. schools each year are Black.
- Seventy percent of children arrested or referred to law enforcement are Black or Latino.
- African-Americans comprise 14 percent of regular drug users but are 37 percent of those arrested for drug offenses.
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, one in three Black men can expect to go to prison in their lifetime.
- The U.S. Sentencing Commission stated that in the federal system, Black offenders receive sentences that are 10 percent longer than white offenders for the same crimes.
- The infant mortality rate for Blacks is more than twice that for whites, regardless of the mother’s socioeconomic status.
Racism is a Global System of White Supremacy
“If you do not understand White Supremacy (Racism) — what it is, and how it works — everything else that you understand will only confuse you.” – acclaimed author Neely Fuller Jr.
It is widely believed that racism is an American thing or that white supremacy is an ideology of hatred promoted by marginal extremist organizations such as the Ku Klux Klan or the Aryan Nations. These misconceptions distort the reality of structural inequalities that ensure the continued supremacy of whites over non-whites in all facets of human life.
Civil rights activist W.E.B. Du Bois identified the system of white supremacy as a global phenomenon, affecting the social conditions across the world by means of colonialism. The British alone have invaded 90 percent of the world, according to a 2012 study.
Oppression of dark-skinned people by lighter-skinned people can be witnessed in places around the world, even where whites are a very small minority or virtually non-existent, such as in India and other places all over Asia.