Planet of the Apes…what is the fear really about?

Apes face paint

Aboriginal face paint

There’s a new ape film out again. The one released this past Friday is Dawn of The Planet of the Apes. I was looking at some of the posters last week and noticed something. The apes are wearing white face paint that looks very similar to what many Aboriginal and African tribes wear. Some wear white face paint with red markings across their faces. Is this a coincidence?? For  hundreds of years whites of been calling black people many racist slurs. Some of those slurs were apes,monkeys and gorillas. I have always thought there was some underlining meaning behind all these ape films. Starting way back to 1968 with the original Planet of The Apes film. It’s something that has been discussed many times in just about all these ape films.  Check out these links:http://www.metaphilm.com/philms/planetoftheapes.html

As well as :http://thegrio.com/2011/08/05/the-racial-politics-behind-planet-of-the-apes/

You can even see it in advertising as well.

Lebron racist pic

This Vogue cover looks pretty blatant to me! I’m not sure if Lebron James new this beforehand but I find it very unsettling and obviously racist.  But isn’t that what King Kong was always about? The scary black brute chasing after the beautiful innocent white woman? This type of thing goes on and in films,television,newspapers and advertising. They’re very slick with their racist tactics. It’s all very subliminal. In Africa cultures they have always used spears when fighting wars. I noticed in the new ape film the apes are using spears and guns as well. I’m sure that’s a coincidence too right?

Apes with spears

Ape toys

Even the ape action figures come with spears. I also noticed that a black actor named Larramie Cortez Shaw is playing one of the apes. Well he has more guts than I do. They couldn’t pay me enough money to play a damn monkey!! No Way!! Not happening!

Larramie Cortez Shaw

Well you can come to your own conclusion. I personally feel as though Hollywood is trying to tell us something. They seem to have a fear of a type of revolution or uprising by a certain group of people.  Kind of reminds me of the film Avatar. The Avatar was about a peaceful blue-skinned alien tribe. They spoke their own language and had their own religion. They had land and resources and their own way of relating to the world. Then this foreign group of invaders(humans) come on along and slaughters many of them and tries to steal their land by brute force. This story sounds very familiar doesn’t it.

Avatar filmHair beads

But I’m sure there’s no connection. There’s no subliminal message here. No need to be paranoid and pull the race card. Like I said earlier,it’s all a coincidence ……right?